• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

PAF's with mixed mounting screws?

scoobiegee83

Has anyone ever seen genuine PAF'S with a mix of slotted AND phillips mounting screws like this one? I have a pair ,both with mixed screws in the same spots.

Attachments

• IMG_20200111_144953.jpg
    IMG_20200111_144953.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 177

boogieongtr

I have owned over 40 sets of original PAF's and have never seen the slotted screws. Gibson started to use the slotted screws around 63-64 on the Pat Number pickups. Some of the pole screws are also not original. This pickup has been messed with...!!

Last edited:

AA00475Bassman

I would focus on windings, bobbin wire & magnets , I would pretty much want untouched PAF pickups I think after market Throwbacks or like over something fiddled with !

brandtkronholm

I’ve not seen a PAF with mixed mounting/base plate screws.

It may be a genuine PAF - but a highly modified (monkeyed with/damaged) PAF. Who knows what has happened to it or what it sounds like. :dang

jimmi

Can you show the bobbins? Could just be that a bobbin has been replaced and they used later mounting screws. It has definitely been messed with. Could be fine as a functional unit as long as price reflects this and everything is there.

brandtkronholm

Doesn't look '59 :hmm

Wat8.jpg