• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

New Amp Day

Amp360

Yesterday I picked up my new amp. I bought it for pretty cheap at Guitar Center. It has all of the original paperwork with it including the hangtags. Basically, since last April or May I have been playing with a lot of different artists in larger venues (some of them outdoors) and ebem though the amps have been mic'd I've really missed having the headroom for the lower gain stuff.

Normally I play a tweed Twin and it's an amazing amp that I would suggest everyone checking out but at 40 watts I just needed a little more. For the more hard rock stuff I'm using a Soldano.

The Vibro King seems like it's going to sit well between the two. I know a lot of people are into the more esoteric amps but I'm kind of a dummy when it comes to boutique amps, guitars and pickups and just like things to sound good and be pretty simple. I like older Fender amps so this is pretty cool to me.

Here's a super quick iPhone video chock full of mistakes from when I first plugged it in. The guitar is an early 70s LPC that the guy before me put different pickups in. IIRC they're called Throw Backs.

81756251_10220923990518425_3075947460183457792_n.j  pg

denwing

Video unavailable.
Love the blonde tolex, good looking lp and amp. Would love to hear how it sounds:salude

corpse

Any idea on the age? Early 1990’s?
They are great and have the punching have come to rely on.

Amp360

well... excuse me.. is that a soldano in the back?
Yes that is an older one I’ve used for years. It’s a grey one that they told me is the same color as ECs.

thanks everyone for the nice comments. I’ll do a video of the vk soon.