• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Do Any Firebirds Come Stock From The Factory With a Maestro??

El Gringo

When I bought my 2016 USA Firebird V the guitar had a chrome Maestro & Stoptail piece inserts the dealer said it was stock ordered . I removed the Maestro & left it on the counter .
0zymoQa.jpg
[/IMG]

Good for you removing it . I have a 1991 Gibson USA Reverse Firebird V in Cardinal Red with the Banjo tuners ( I believe they are Steinberger gears ? ) I am wondering why Gibson USA now is using the mini Grover gears ? Is it a cost issue that the Steinberger's cost more ? I like my Firebird , even though it seems to be headstock heavy and has a sort of Les Paul sound except thinner and more treble . Still a fun guitar to play .

AA00475Bassman

Good for you removing it . I have a 1991 Gibson USA Reverse Firebird V in Cardinal Red with the Banjo tuners ( I believe they are Steinberger gears ? ) I am wondering why Gibson USA now is using the mini Grover gears ? Is it a cost issue that the Steinberger's cost more ? I like my Firebird , even though it seems to be headstock heavy and has a sort of Les Paul sound except thinner and more treble . Still a fun guitar to play .
I had a 91 Cardnal red great guitar , Stienbergers are out of production I think ? Your 91 would have Kluson banjo's

El Gringo

I had a 91 Cardnal red great guitar , Stienbergers are out of production I think ? Your 91 would have Kluson banjo's

Ok, it's been a while since I played the Firebird , probably a couple years . I never knew Kluson made the banjo tuners .

mdubya

Well, I learned something from this thread! :yah

And I now own a 2016 FB V USA model with a factory Lyre/Maestro vibrato! Woo hoo. I am loving the vibrato and the rest of the guitar ain't bad either. I now have Firebirds with P-90's, full size humbuckers, and (finally!) mini FBs! This is a cool guitar. Big frets, slim taper neck (but plenty meaty and WIDE!). While it is not a historic reissue, it is reminiscent of a transition '65 with its non-reverse headstock, mini Grovers, and chrome hardware. It could use an ABR-1, but I am really not fussed. The stock ceramic pickups are better than the ones on my 1995 FB V reissue. Not incredible, but not bad. I think I can live with them.

The case is pretty cool, but nowhere near as cool as the tan and hot pink case the 1995 FB V had. Those were better than the guitars!

l6cK8o8.jpg

a8JmyKJ.jpg

KgSshfv.jpg

rockabilly69

And I now own a 2016 FB V USA model with a factory Lyre/Maestro vibrato! Woo hoo. I am loving the vibrato and the rest of the guitar ain't bad either. I now have Firebirds with P-90's, full size humbuckers, and (finally!) mini FBs! This is a cool guitar. Big frets, slim taper neck (but plenty meaty and WIDE!). While it is not a historic reissue, it is reminiscent of a transition '65 with its non-reverse headstock, mini Grovers, and chrome hardware. It could use an ABR-1, but I am really not fussed. The stock ceramic pickups are better than the ones on my 1995 FB V reissue. Not incredible, but not bad. I think I can live with them.

The case is pretty cool, but nowhere near as cool as the tan and hot pink case the 1995 FB V had. Those were better than the guitars!

l6cK8o8.jpg

a8JmyKJ.jpg

KgSshfv.jpg

Congrats on your new 'bird mdubya!

agogetr

They have not made an FB V Standard (non-Custom Shop) model with a Maestro in the modern era. Certainly not in Pelham blue.

Vibramate has a Maestro adapter in development, but nothing you can buy. You can get a Vibramate for a Bigsby, though.

Adding the Maestro to a stop tail model will, without a doubt, devalue the guitar.

Even going Custom Shop, you are going to have to search out a Pelham Blue FB V with the Maestro and it won't be an easy search.

I may be wrong, but to my knowledge, Gibson hasn't put a Maestro on and Standard Model Firebird in close to 50 years.

You may find a Japanese market only FB V in Pelham with a Maestro. Best of luck.

full
my 63,w/ maestro. white also looks good on a firebird!

Attachments

• 100_1118.JPG
    100_1118.JPG
    1,012 KB · Views: 4

drspencer1

I have a friend who's looking for a Firebird with a Maestro trem, and was wondering if there are any stock models (recent or otherwise) that were built that way.

Thanks!
I have a 1999 Custom Shop Historic '65 Firebird V Reissue that I may consider letting go (Maestro, Sunburst).

PM, if interested.

Thanks

77CUSTOM

l6cK8o8.jpg

a8JmyKJ.jpg

KgSshfv.jpg
I had a 2016 exactly like that one. Nice guitar.

77CUSTOM

Here's my 2002 65ri in Pelham Blue that Coachmoe was talking about.

Attachments

• 20211101_220041.jpg
    20211101_220041.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 6