• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bob Rock comments on playing Greeny for the first time...

BoomGuru

Was casually listening to this new GibsonTV post in the background... until I got to 53.20 and then he got my full attention!:salude

randall

This guy just bothers me, sorry. How cares....and it's out of phase..

Tarcisioo

Everytime I put my Les Paul out of phase, it just doesn't sound nothing like Peter Green. I kind of started hating the OOP thing, because I simply love the regular middle position of a Les Paul, it's almost my main sound on a Les Paul. You put it in the middle, mess with the knobs, and it's there, heaven itself

mdubya

That was a great interview. Very interesting. All of it.

mesaman

What a great conversation. He has had quite a career and comes off as humble all things considered. Thanks for posting.

c_wester

The Wood of that guitar has a special sound and the magnet is flipped in the neck pickup.

Last edited:

57Strat777

Bob Rock says in the video greenie can't be refretted. Why not? Is it something to do with the neck repair?

mesaman

Bob Rock says in the video greenie can't be refretted. Why not? Is it something to do with the neck repair?

I thought it was more a sentiment of not disturbing the mojo and history of the guitar, but I could be wrong.