• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Thoughts on burstbucker 61s?

YoungGeezer

My Les Paul has burstbucker 61s in it and i was wondering what people’s thoughts on these pickups are. i’ve heard a lot of people debate over the other burstbucker types, but never the 61s.

none2low

I'm curious about this as well.

I have a Les Paul CM which has a "61 Lead" in it. I like it in this guitar.

It's different then your typical burstbucker or burstbucker pro, but I'm not sure if there are actually different variants of the '61 or if Gibson just labels them differently for specific applications.

Does anyone know the full story on these?

mkon86

Only got one set of them in an sg, and they are brigther and has more openness to them than the 57 classics in my lp. Guess it comes down to a5 vs a2 magnets, but they sound more articulated and open.
<body id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">articulatedarticulated</body>