• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Weird "stain" on headstock?

emmyofthevalley

Hello. Ive recently noticed that my 2007 Les Paul Classic has a weird ""stain"" on the headstock right near the Gibson MOP logo. It almost looks like wood and its definitely BELOW the finish. I know the guitar didnt have any repairs and in room lighting, it just look normal like there isnt anything there. Ive went outside and natural light just made it obvious to see so i shined some light on it and its clearly there, not some weird reflection or anything. Does anybody have any idea on what it could be?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 112
  • image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 100

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
Question: Do you ever use a clip on tuner, and leave it on the headstock for extended periods? :hmm

emmyofthevalley

I DO use a clip on tuner but dont leave it on for more than like 30 seconds! as much as it takes me to tune up

Texas Blues

Its cool and the gang.

Just play it.

Some people pay big bucks to make new guitars look funky.

emmyofthevalley

I haven't, no. I don't really have a problem with it being there, I'd even say that it looks unique in a weird way. I was just wondering what it was :peace2

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I haven't, no. I don't really have a problem with it being there, I'd even say that it looks unique in a weird way. I was just wondering what it was :peace2

Does the top edge [next to this stain] show any staining?

And, has this changed size?

:hmm