• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

I can't hear a difference. Have Gibson nailed it?

korus

I'll say that the old Strats sounded REALLY different than new reissues...almost like different guitar models in some ways. You didn't have that hard-edged, almost grating quality that new Strats can have that are all attack. They were warmer, almost P90-ish with bloom and compression, especially the hardtail '54. It was like you automatically played more melodic lines just to enjoy the notes, instead of going right to the more percussive SRV-like ka-chunk. It was really kind of disappointing going back to my newer reissue Strats, and I think that's when I started gravitating more towards Teles and Gibsons.

No tone pot on bridge pickup.
No overwound bridge pickup.
No humbucker for bridge pickup.
No clean boost.
No 100db of clean headroom to rip out kidneys.

The factory stock original Strats. The ones not being made since mid 60s. Used as intended by design : guitar cable and tube amp.

Not a single one made since. Not even by mistake. Almost like it is forbiden by religion and punishable by death.

note: this post is not intended for those who hear no difference stock originals vs modern ones.

Parallel universes. Not a single one more valid, each and every one different. Enjoy yours.

korus

(2 clips per post limit)

Which clip demonstrates an Rx havng this tone? There are thousands of Rx guitars and thousands of clips.

So, which one 'nailed' it?