• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The ultimate turd for the JB/CD collection...a 59 burst!

garywright

imo that is the perfect look for this guitar ..kinda Becky :hank

wsaraceni

looks great. I wouldn't do anything different (except maybe I would have added a stinger). but love the color you chose.

Tarcisioo

looks great. I wouldn't do anything different (except maybe I would have added a stinger). but love the color you chose.

Now that you mentioned, a stinger would be uber cool and appropriate

Can't wait to see Lazarus next to it's sisters so we can check the fades

wsaraceni

Serios question out of curiosity: That refin process was really quick. Is that actually the time it took to finish LPs in the 50ies? I thought that lacquer finishes are very time intensive due to the repeated spraying, drying and buffing?
How many layers did Lazarus get, and how many were done originally on bursts?
:salude

I thought the same thing. I wonder how long the actual time took.

Triburst

WOW! Beautiful guitar. Congrats, guys.

It has been WAY too long since I've seen one of Kim's threads on a Historic Makeover, and this vintage makeover was great.

Also, it is hard to believe someone ever covered up that great maple top, but I'm glad you guys basically won the lottery on uncovering it!

blewsbreaker

Lazarus has risen!:jim

i-MkWKc89-XL.jpg

i-TnZN5DB-XL.jpg

i-72NCBfG-XL.jpg

Call it the Turd-burst cause I just shat myself... :wow

DonnRowe

came out really nice ... I would have gone with pink polka dots , but thats just me LOL I also gotta chime in with how does it sound :dude:

zorglub!

Burst Detective!
Super nice restoration for an uber cool guitar, many thanks for sharing! :salude

akstrat61

What an amazing transformation! Congrats to all involved. :dude:

It’s nice to see these guitars get back to playing order. I’m hoping we get to hear what she sounds like in this thread? :hank

J.D.

Can we see the headstock crack post-refinishing?

KS 5150

Just beautiful! It truly has been resurrected and 'Lazarus' is an apt nickname :peace2