• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

The ultimate turd for the JB/CD collection...a 59 burst!

agogetr

an old red 'burst' ida left it just like it was! it looked hot in red! i have a 56 tele the guy bought it new in 56. his buddy had an autobody shop and reshot it white for him in 65.i wouldnt change it for the world!

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
C.D where u say "our collection" so you part own some of Joe's guitars?

Joe and I own about 20-25 guitars together...most of which have been modified in some way. We call it our turd collection.

Arch D. Bunker

Oh boy - what a terrific top and color. Whatever possesses a person to believe it would be better to refin that in red?? :##

rlefty

Joe and I own about 20-25 guitars together...most of which have been modified in some way. We call it our turd collection.

So I'm just curious, how does that work? Do you guys just swap possession of them once in a while?

CDaughtry

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner and Moderator
So I'm just curious, how does that work? Do you guys just swap possession of them once in a while?

That’s exactly how we do it. We both have about half of them at any given time, and when we get bored we ship each other guitars. Double the fun for half the price.:hee