• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Bowie with a burst?

mingus

Judging by the thick binding in the cutaway, I'd have to say NOT a burst.

Billy Porter

Its a routed deluxe. This guitar was later used by Ronson on part of his solo career and appears on his biography cover and one of his solo CDs.

It had black pickup surrounds as you could only get them in black in the early 70s and in some later pictures you can see the pancake construction.

I saw Ronson use this on his 75 solo tour

Maxmc

Its a routed deluxe. This guitar was later used by Ronson on part of his solo career and appears on his biography cover and one of his solo CDs.

It had black pickup surrounds as you could only get them in black in the early 70s and in some later pictures you can see the pancake construction.

I saw Ronson use this on his 75 solo tour
Many thanks for answering my question.:salude

lhric

Many thanks for answering my question.:salude

I thought reading somewhere that the Les Paul Bowie is playing might one of the nine models shipped in 72 that were the factory routed for humbuckers. Don’t know if it’s true or not.