• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD: Chicago Music Exchange 1958 LP

McHenry

Purchased a new guitar last month as a gift to myself for college graduation. David at CME was a great asset and a pleasure to deal with buying this guitar. The Carmelita neck profile was a real surprise. Feels like a "C shaped" neck with perfect shoulders. Highly recommend David if you're looking at purchasing one of these.

Attachments

• IMG_0554.jpg
    IMG_0554.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0541.jpg
    IMG_0541.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 347

Pellman73

Purchased a new guitar last month as a gift to myself for college graduation. David at CME was a great asset and a pleasure to deal with buying this guitar. The Carmelita neck profile was a real surprise. Feels like a "C shaped" neck with perfect shoulders. Highly recommend David if you're looking at purchasing one of these.

congrats 🎉 two times !

looks great

pqs

So what you’re saying is that it’s an R8 with a 59 neck? That’s awesome. 1) More options regarding neck profile and top flame level combinations. 2) Probably cost less than an R9.

The way I describe those Carmelita neck profiles they are using of late is that they are a C shape with a hint of soft V (slimmer shoulders than a conventional C).

The finish on that thing is amazing. The center yellow is just right, not too pale, not too orange.

Finally, HNGD and enjoy your stunning guitar.

McHenry

So what you’re saying is that it’s an R8 with a 59 neck? That’s awesome. 1) More options regarding neck profile and top flame level combinations. 2) Probably cost less than an R9.

The way I describe those Carmelita neck profiles they are using of late is that they are a C shape with a hint of soft V (slimmer shoulders than a conventional C).

The finish on that thing is amazing. The center yellow is just right, not too pale, not too orange.

Finally, HNGD and enjoy your stunning guitar.

I’ve played a few R9’s and from what I remember they had a lot more shoulder. I’ve had the pleasure of playing an early 1957 GT and it has a very similar shape. You’re right about the slice v shape, especially near the nut. I have large hands and long fingers and it’s the perfect fit.

kevinsteele09

Purchased a new guitar last month as a gift to myself for college domyessay graduation. David at CME was a great asset and a pleasure to deal with buying this guitar. The Carmelita neck profile was a real surprise. Feels like a "C shaped" neck with perfect shoulders. Highly recommend David if you're looking at purchasing one of these.

Oh, I think you've made the best possible gift for graduation. I am going to do the same on the day my son earns a college degree!

TM1

Wow..! That is so nice! The top is very realistic to an original. Does it have all the TH (True Historic) specs?

goldtop0

That's a beauty..........hope it's got a good fat neck too:2cool

McHenry

Wow..! That is so nice! The top is very realistic to an original. Does it have all the TH (True Historic) specs?
Yes I am pretty sure it has all of the true historic specs. Hide glue, Long studs, aniline die, and true historic plastics!

McHenry

That's a beauty..........hope it's got a good fat neck too:2cool

It has the carmelita neck profile. It’s not as thick as other R8’s I’ve played. I’ve played a 57 gold top and it was similar to that. Hardly any shoulders and a very slight V from 1st to 5th fret. Round C for the rest of the neck. I have really grown to love it

Dport

My understanding of these is that they are all ‘59 spec with a top from the ‘58 pile at Gibson. So effectively a R9 with the S bucker.

I also own one.

Trans-Am

Good Job man! :cool: Gotta love them Cherry lookin' top with them Amber Yellow mixed in there.(y)

Congrats and Welcome to the Club!(y)

El Gringo

I have found CME to be a very pleasant and pleasing place to shop as they were very helpful to me and I even got to visit with them in 2019 as I spied out an instrument that I wound up purchasing over the phone which I did not try out during my in person visit . The best part about my visit was that I tried out guitars which I asked to do so and they didn't hassle me and left me alone so I could think in peace and even gave me some of the orange picks with there logo on them which was nice . This is one of the better shops out there with great inventory of our favorite instruments and some fine vintage instruments as well . this shop is very well stocked !

Ccapilla

I have found CME to be a very pleasant and pleasing place to shop as they were very helpful to me and I even got to visit with them in 2019 as I spied out an instrument that I wound up purchasing over the phone which I did not try out during my in person visit . The best part about my visit was that I tried out guitars which I asked to do so and they didn't hassle me and left me alone so I could think in peace and even gave me some of the orange picks with there logo on them which was nice . This is one of the better shops out there with great inventory of our favorite instruments and some fine vintage instruments as well . this shop is very well stocked !
My last 5 guitar buys have all been from them including the 1960 Junior a week or so ago. They’ve always been incredibly nice and helpful when I’ve been in shop and it’s now at the point where Josh and Karl just grab something off the wall and hand it to me when I walk in because they know what I like or they’ve got something new to the shop that they think I’ll like. Cool folks that love these things as much as we do.

El Gringo

My last 5 guitar buys have all been from them including the 1960 Junior a week or so ago. They’ve always been incredibly nice and helpful when I’ve been in shop and it’s now at the point where Josh and Karl just grab something off the wall and hand it to me when I walk in because they know what I like or they’ve got something new to the shop that they think I’ll like. Cool folks that love these things as much as we do.
That is the best when they know what you like and cater to you in that manner !