• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

What is this?

Lennell76

Hello everyone. New member, first post. I just bought a Les Paul off eBay that has a serial number indicating a 2015 model but it doesn’t have robotic tuners, the Les Paul 100 autograph or the sticker on the back. I’m wondering what the year of manufacture is and what model. I’m guessing a Standard. Any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

• FF25F0A7-F10E-4D34-B210-84122EEDC8CD.jpg
    FF25F0A7-F10E-4D34-B210-84122EEDC8CD.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 856B539E-4D7D-41D5-AEFC-DB310B4E1C01.jpg
    856B539E-4D7D-41D5-AEFC-DB310B4E1C01.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 99

Texan

If you can post a picture of the back of the headstock showing the serial # someone here will for sure be able to tell you everything about. Congrats on the beautiful Lester!

Big Al

This ain't Vouge. Think Scientific American. Straight on, clear, in focus, well lit pictures, not dark, angled nondescript pics. Can't tell anything from these.

Lennell76

These pictures are from the eBay listing. They’re not very good, I know. Well, I guess we’ll just see it when it gets here. Hopefully I like it but it does have a 30 day return window. I’ll get some better pictures when it arrives. Thanks

Big Al

These pictures are from the eBay listing. They’re not very good, I know. Well, I guess we’ll just see it when it gets here. Hopefully I like it but it does have a 30 day return window. I’ll get some better pictures when it arrives. Thanks

It's a big leap of faith to buy based upon bad fotos. I always ask for better pics, not a problem if legit. I passed on a guitar, [vintage], because I knew parts were not original, even with the bad pics, because the seller refused to post cavity shot. I happen to know the guy who bought it, against my advise, and found all pots and caps replaced.

latestarter

I think 2020 is seeing me as a grumpier old man.

See, these photos are virtually useless....although, I'd suggest that the logo looks almighty suspicious as does the (poorly lit) serial number. But who knows.

Why buy and then ask? Why not become clued up, and make an informed decision? Why not read up and learn what fake LP's look like. 30 minutes of study could save you a pile of heart ache.

On a lighter note, happy New Year.

Big Al

I think 2020 is seeing me as a grumpier old man.

See, these photos are virtually useless....although, I'd suggest that the logo looks almighty suspicious as does the (poorly lit) serial number. But who knows.

Why buy and then ask? Why not become clued up, and make an informed decision? Why not read up and learn what fake LP's look like. 30 minutes of study could save you a pile of heart ache.

On a lighter note, happy New Year.

Oh, has someone been drinking from my cup!

Lennell76

Well, I got the guitar the other day and I like it. Plays well, sounds good but still unsure of what it is. Some sort of Traditional I’m guessing but what? Any ideas? Thanks

Attachments

• DCBEB2B1-C65B-4EBB-91D0-1ED32177CF4B.jpg
    DCBEB2B1-C65B-4EBB-91D0-1ED32177CF4B.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 36

Lennell76

Thanks! I’m still trying to learn more about it though. I think I’ll take it to the local shop tomorrow and see if they have an idea. I know it’s a Traditional because of the pickups but what series or issue? We’ll see....