• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My First Les Paul...

YoungGeezer

I just bought this Les Paul Classic (2019 - JC Era) in translucent cherry and it's beautiful.

I actually chose the cherry colour over a sunburst, despite the bursts being those that inspired me to buy a Les Paul. Something about that red really spoke to me, whereas none of the sunbursts I saw really caught my eye. I was wondering what others think of this colour. Upon buying it it was the only example of this finish in my state, so it can't be a very popular model. I'll drop some pics down below, any opinions are very much accepted :)

Also, I've been wondering whether or not I should get it set up. Les Paul veterans, would you guys say your LPs play significantly better after a set up?

Cheers,

-L
IMG_0437.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 29

Ed Driscoll

Les Paul Forum Member
Looks great; the color reminds me a bit of George Harrison's famous "Lucy" Les Paul. Play it in rude health, as they say on the other side of the big pond.

And unless you're really happy with how it plays, I would definitely recommend a pro setup. Looks like an excellent guitar -- why not get it dialed in to your favorite string gauge, action, etc?

Big Al

Sweet Cherry!! Ed, gives good advice. Money spent on a Pro Setup, dialed in to your personal touch and style is the smartest investment you can make. Sweet, sweet looker.

El Gringo

Nice Les Paul and color , I love it ! If it plays how you like it keep it as is or take it to a pro tech and have it set up to your preference and lastly enjoy and rock out .

YoungGeezer

okidoke i think i will get it set up. and yeah, it really does look like Lucy, except it doesn’t have a mismatched top ;)