• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone missing a 2013 LPJ?

SteveH

I saw a reverb listing of this lefty with the SN manically scratched off the headstock, restrung righty, and sold in its "original hardshell case" when the model didn't come with one, and the red flags went up.
xkp9qpeytggxuqwhrzvu.jpg

I've had a guitar stolen, so if this one is stolen, I feel for the rightful owner, but am willing to accept it might not be stolen.

https://reverb.com/item/30928294-2013-gibson-les-paul-lpj-left-handed-w-ohsc-brown-lefty

The seller doesn't explain the "issues", just says they exist. I'm not interested in buying it no matter what so I won't ask the seller. My assumption is that the original owner bought the hardshell case for the guitar, someone stole it, and the reverb seller bought it, but that is just circumstantially based logic. I just want to ask two questions:

Any lefties had an LPJ stolen like this one?

Is there any legit reason someone would scratch off the SN like that?

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
I saw a reverb listing of this lefty with the SN manically scratched off the headstock, restrung righty, and sold in its "original hardshell case" when the model didn't come with one, and the red flags went up.
xkp9qpeytggxuqwhrzvu.jpg

I've had a guitar stolen, so if this one is stolen, I feel for the rightful owner, but am willing to accept it might not be stolen.

https://reverb.com/item/30928294-2013-gibson-les-paul-lpj-left-handed-w-ohsc-brown-lefty

The seller doesn't explain the "issues", just says they exist. I'm not interested in buying it no matter what so I won't ask the seller. My assumption is that the original owner bought the hardshell case for the guitar, someone stole it, and the reverb seller bought it, but that is just circumstantially based logic. I just want to ask two questions:

Any lefties had an LPJ stolen like this one?

Is there any legit reason someone would scratch off the SN like that?

Last time I checked, law enforcement can confiscate a guitar like that, unless it has a police release [from previously confiscation and legal return]. If that came in my shop, I wouldn't touch it. Probably illegal for me to sell. :wah

SteveH

Last time I checked, law enforcement can confiscate a guitar like that, unless it has a police release [from previously confiscation and legal return]. If that came in my shop, I wouldn't touch it. Probably illegal for me to sell. :wah
Interesting, and I guess it would make sense with private listings too. I have one of those letters because in my case the local police helped me find where my guitar was pawned, and I still had to go buy it out of pawn using that letter (varies from state to state I guess).