• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

*** A Couple of 1950's Gibson Les Pauls in for Conversions ***

boogieongtr

Since my cancer returned for the 3rd time last year Kim at HM is doing my finish work. I think his finishes are as good as it gets...!! OK here is the guitar all dressed up and ready to Rock. My customer sent me a pair of original PAF's to install and they sound great. This was a fun project and my customer was happy with the end result...!!

IMG_3815_zpscp6w3nrl.jpg

IMG_4058_zpsltiwuoix.jpg

IMG_3805_zpsqysp96xv.jpg

IMG_3962_zpsm5tdufen.jpg

IMG_3980_zpsdkoj1heh.jpg

IMG_3947_zpsfcuv4pta.jpg

IMG_3813_zpsaev29ngw.jpg

IMG_3841_zpsub626uvc.jpg

IMG_3819_zpsbjafwl3p.jpg

Last edited:

GuitarMikey

Sorry to hear about your cancer returning.
The guitar looks amazing!

Last edited:

J.D.

Looks to be top notch restoration work as usual and documented very well. HM's finish work is second to none. Looks like an old guitar. Great project, thanks for sharing :jim

nuance97

Looks awesome! Cancer sucks hard...fight the good fight!:yah We will be hoping for the absolute best!:hank

67blackcherry

Sorry to hear about your cancer recurrence - prayers and best wishes.
The guitar looks great, your work is exemplary and your attention to detail is outstanding!!

boogieongtr

Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm sure everyone on the forum has been touched by a family member or friend who has battled cancer. It sucks for sure. They keep whittling away on me but I'm still here...!!

agogetr

if i was the owner ida kept the sunburst finish jus doctor it a bit. it was cool! to each his own. restoration work looks excellent b.t.w!

OPENMIND

Sorry about ur cancer man ... good luck !!!

Also just wanted to say ... this might be the best finishing job I ve ever seen .... that relic man ...

GoldTopBunny

Wow, its a real art to do such restorations, hats off to you!
hope you kick cancer's butt, wish you the best

latestarter

The finished product looks great - tasteful execution. Well done to all involved.

Best wishes for your health.

Anje

The finished guitar looks great, nice work Jim!
My sincere and humble support thoughts for your health battle, wish you all the best for a good recovery.

akstrat61

Absolutely a gread work!:jim:salude:jim

Best of health to you! Keep up the fight! We all will be praying for you!:jim

Wallace

Amazing work. Thanks for sharing the pics and the build narrative. It was really interesting to follow.
Good luck with your health :salude