• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

It's been a looong time since I've been here. New Guitar Content

1958teaburst

I haven't posted on the forum in well over a decade. Even forgot my user name and password. I miss this place. Life got in the way I guess. I think I was 15 when I joined. Anyways, on Christmas morning I exchanged gifts with my girlfriend. After I opened my usual socks and thermals she tells me there is one more thing. I open a GIANT box to cover up what's inside and when I see the lifton case I nearly fall over. I've owned a couple of reissues in the past but haven't had one since 2012. It was the exact one I had showed her months before and basically said "this is what I'd eventually like to find". Not a crazy top but authentic looking. The seam in the maple has a pretty large color contrast. Some may think it isn't desirable but I've always wanted that light/dark vibe that Pages #1 has. The Royal Teaburst has a great vibe and just looks old right out of the box. It's a good one considering it was purchased sight unseen. It's 8.54 lbs, has a very dark fretboard with some subtle red streaks. It is a 2018 but strangely enough has all of the 2019 upgrades except the aged inlays. The LP model silkscreen is in it's current(not sure how accurate) position, the Gibson logo has the rounded G and its ambered quite a bit. The odd thing is that when I found the original Chicago Music Exchange ad for it, it says its got the Carmelita top carve and neck. Is it a special run of some sort? Anyways, these new guitars seem to have it going on. lp1.jpglp2.jpglp3.jpglp4.jpglp5.jpg

Froggie

I haven't posted on the forum in well over a decade. Even forgot my user name and password. I miss this place. Life got in the way I guess. I think I was 15 when I joined. Anyways, on Christmas morning I exchanged gifts with my girlfriend. After I opened my usual socks and thermals she tells me there is one more thing. I open a GIANT box to cover up what's inside and when I see the lifton case I nearly fall over. I've owned a couple of reissues in the past but haven't had one since 2012. It was the exact one I had showed her months before and basically said "this is what I'd eventually like to find". Not a crazy top but authentic looking. The seam in the maple has a pretty large color contrast. Some may think it isn't desirable but I've always wanted that light/dark vibe that Pages #1 has. The Royal Teaburst has a great vibe and just looks old right out of the box. It's a good one considering it was purchased sight unseen. It's 8.54 lbs, has a very dark fretboard with some subtle red streaks. It is a 2018 but strangely enough has all of the 2019 upgrades except the aged inlays. The LP model silkscreen is in it's current(not sure how accurate) position, the Gibson logo has the rounded G and its ambered quite a bit. The odd thing is that when I found the original Chicago Music Exchange ad for it, it says its got the Carmelita top carve and neck. Is it a special run of some sort? Anyways, these new guitars seem to have it going on. View attachment 10754View attachment 10755View attachment 10756View attachment 10757View attachment 10758

Beautiful guitar. And what a present to receive.

Congrats and enjoy

corpse

Nice top and keeper GF. Enjoy. Regards from Exit 14.

Musicman

Looks like you got just what you wanted. Congrats!:salude

1958teaburst

It's a great guitar right of the box. I've never bought a historic that I didnt immediately want to modify, pickups, plastic even inlays. This thing is great. It's so sensitive with the volume and tone controls. I can tell the difference between 5 and 5.5 on the knob...its crazy. She is amazing, my girl that is..

Redwine

Send some of your GF's good attitude to me in a bottle so I can pour it in my GF's coffee in the morning! :jim