• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

History of Noel Gallagher's Sunburst Les Paul

RocknRollShakeUp

Not sure if anyone knows this - but it's a great story of how Noel got his Les Paul in the Don't Look Back in Anger Video. Passed through the hands of 3 great guitarists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkW1QsSIqGQ

I had seen the video. Legendary story. I want to know what happened to that broken LP. What was broken on it? Was it repaired? I wonder if Johnny Marr had insurance :hee

IMMUSICRULZ

I had seen the video. Legendary story. I want to know what happened to that broken LP. What was broken on it? Was it repaired? I wonder if Johnny Marr had insurance :hee
Noel owns several Les Pauls.

Also the original studio recording of Don't Look Back In Anger was actually played on a Strat by Noel.

IMMUSICRULZ

In fact, I found a clip from 2000 of Noel Gallagher playing Won't Get Fooled Again with The Who on a Les Paul.

It is sad that the Ox died within a few years of this performance.

Der_Kaiser

Every time I see that clip I always think, woah he broke a 1960 burst, imagine having that much money that when someone breaks your 1960 burst you just send another guitar with an amusing note!

Then I think I definitely would have taken the custom back!

Top man Johnny Marr