• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Opinions Please, Cream or Zebra?

Dale O

I'm thinking about a set of Bare Knuckle Mules. If I go with them do you think double cream or zebras would look the best in my guitar? I'm leaning towards double cream. Please keep the replies based on bobbin choice vs getting into pickup choice, thanks! Photo of the guitar:

LP1.jpg

brandtkronholm

aijjO20_d.jpg

Zebra in the neck, double white at the bridge.

Dale O

Thanks, yes the top is fantastic! It's a Wildwood selection. The fingerboard is nice and dark as well!

79735007_2938151042863738_5883704161538670592_o.jpg

LP2.jpg

LP3.jpg

Dale O

Now add to the question, 50mm or 53mm spacing for the bridge pickup? I know 50mm is standard. I'm not able to measure the actual spacing on my guitar until tomorrow but just curious as to what others have done or recommend.

brandtkronholm

Now add to the question, 50mm or 53mm spacing for the bridge pickup? I know 50mm is standard. I'm not able to measure the actual spacing on my guitar until tomorrow but just curious as to what others have done or recommend.

There is no need whatsoever to fuss over the spacing of the pole pieces for the humbuckers. The spacing will not have any affect on the sound.

Dale O

I ordered the Mules! Zebra neck, double cream bridge, not potted, 50 mm spacing.

Last edited:

Dale O

They just arrived! Hopefully I'll get some time to install them next week!

BN.jpg

jtees4

My first choice is double zebras lately....but then again, back in the day a bunch of USA Hamers had the zebra neck with all black bridge like my "very missed" 94 Special FM....always liked that too, but the great flame made that guitar, and also made me $$ when I sold it (and only because my back got bad and it was too heavy):

Cholo

Man, you screwed up terribly. Absolutely ruined this guitar.
I'll give you $500 to take it off your hands. Take it or leave it.
:)

Dale O

Man, you screwed up terribly. Absolutely ruined this guitar.
I'll give you $500 to take it off your hands. Take it or leave it.
:)

Man, I wish you would have offered this sooner. A member sent me PM stating the same thing but offered $450. It just shipped today! Now I really screwed up, LOL :##