• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Christmas Miracle guitar

Strings Jr.

So many times we hear stories about guitars that we’ve owned that were sold, stolen, or otherwise lost, never to be seen or heard from again. Family heirlooms where sentimental value far outweighs dollar value. This story is an exception to that rule.

In the early 70’s, my Dad owned a very nice ’63 Fender Jaguar. He played it for several years until acquiring a blonde, ’71 Tele with a rosewood board and Bigsby. Around ’75, he ended up trading the Jaguar to one of his cousins for a Honda CL 100 motorcycle for me and my three brothers to ride.

Fast forward to present day, one of the local music stores posted an ad on FB for a ’63 Jaguar, and one of the selling points was the fact that the guitar was once owned by my Dad. My youngest brother, who is the guitar player extraordinaire of the family, woke up Christmas morning to find a case with a big red bow on it under the tree. His wife had bought the Jaguar for him! It was in mint condition without so much as a scratch on it, complete with the original case, also in perfect condition. My Dad passed away in 2012, but I can’t help to think that he had a hand in bringing this guitar back to the family.

Grog

Great Christmas story! The guitar is back where it belongs!

JPP-1

Awesome story. We need more like this. Congrats to your family!

jb_abides

Great story, you have the best tales!

Glad this one came back into the family fold... :hank

:salude

deytookerjaabs

Nice! Crazy thing is I heard this story yesterday, well, some of it. I was at Drummer's World in Murfreesboro worming my way into a trade (let go of my Strat & LPC) and somehow the conversation got to "I know Randy, his Dad Floyd was one hell of a guy too." Then the owner, David, said "his brother just got an old guitar of Floyd's, some vintage Fender, Jazzmaster or Jaguar or sumptin." They had nothing but praise and the tech there spent 10 years working for the big G himself.

What a beaut, always liked Jags & Jazzmasters, especially in sunburst.

ourmaninthenorth

Nothing better than coming home.

What a Lady.

What a pleasure to read.

Thanks for the smiles.

:salude:salude