• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Dealing with CrazyParts??!!

burst!!!

One thing is poor English skills, a totally different story is not answering emails and when they finally do, there is no answer whatsoever to the question/issue. They always know the best, they always say ‚we already answered’ while there were no response for weeks, they always claim they sent the right part (even if it’s not what you ordered or not as described). And when it comes to send a rude rant, Mr. Nowak knows his English perfectly!
If you place an order and they have the item in stock (which is not common these days) - then you’re lucky, you will get your package. The problems start when they don’t have the item/they send a wrong item/item not as described/item lost/or you simply need some advice - then you can expect no response at all or a rude rant by mr. Nowak.

duaneflowers

I find it interesting that the two people most heavily bashing crazyparts have only posted to this thread in their entire tenure as members... highly credible sources there... any sock puppets in the house? :eek:la

burst!!!

I find it interesting that the two people most heavily bashing crazyparts have only posted to this thread in their entire tenure as members... highly credible sources there... any sock puppets in the house? :eek:la

Well, isn't this your opinion about them:
'I ordered twice from them and will never order from them again (...)'?

duaneflowers

Well, isn't this your opinion about them:
'I ordered twice from them and will never order from them again (...)'?

haha that was a long time ago, but I thought it sounded familiar... I probably should have updated that thread... they made good on that purchase, made me happy and I've ordered several times since. I've talked with the owner quite a few times... his English is excellent... his wife runs the day to day business. shipping and whatnot, and he doesn't take kindly to abusive emails aimed at her. I know quite a few folks have had problems with them and my advice is to just avoid them if they frustrate you...

ash89

Good point made...Reason is that this is my first opportunity to own a LP. And am looking forward to joining other threads once I get up and running after this very unfortunate set back.
But being a previous owner of a very small retail business for many years
i have a certain amount of empathy and attraction toward people in this business position
and while being perhaps overly persistent in efforts in making our quite large order, I couldn’t believe
the jaw droppingly poor comms and after sales non-effort to fix a blatant mistake in lieu of continuing with rest of the order. As said, all outgoing comms from our end were fully respectful and encouraging to not inflame them and show keenness to continue on, but only met dull and or deaf ears.
So yeah, I was only guilty of trying to do good business with someone who touted themselves to be the best, greatest and have most thorough stock list.
So the honest question was am I the only one?.. it gives me some heart to find out that I hadn’t been singled out:rolleyes!!

ash89

If you don’t like my answer then don’t ask for opinions or experiences on a public forum. Save the mardy ‘well good for you’ responses.

No mate, here in Australia the term of wishing someone well with 'Good on you' means something entirely different
than the pratish Yank expression 'well good for you'...

expo

Here is also an opinion from 2015 from another forum member:

I ordered twice from them and will never order from them again. The first order had no problems but for the second they sent me the wrong size pickup cover. It was clearly their mistake as they sent two and one fit perfectly while the other did not. An easy enough mistake but ultimately I had to pay return shipping and open a paypal dispute in order for them to take any action at all... and they fought paypal every step of the way throughout the entire refund process. It was a $20 order and they acted like complete buttheads... so I don't care how good their stuff is, they will never get any more of my business.

From this same discussion over at "the place which shall not be named" it seems the majority of Europeans have no problems at all with orders while international orders are perpetually hit and miss... and it is always the same story of their terrible attitude and pettiness which veers folks away. It seems orders placed through fleabay are also more inclined to get to you (although a 99.2% feedback rating isn't all that great).

No I think its the same in Europe. I ordered inside Germany, without language problems and can testify they act a bit rude and harsh if they make mistakes. It seems they hate to admit doing something wrong, you always get a reply that they did nothing wrong. I got a replacement for free...but its was 70 cents for a letter back than. International shipping is expensive..and there is a lot of fraud with PayPal for sellers. Maybe they made bad experiences in the past?.but combined with harshly customer service its not a nice experience dealing with them. The customer treatment a mystery to me, especially when you deal with expensive parts...but its not my business.
I don't think they try to rip of someone, but its not very pleasant. If you have this in mind or it doesn't matter, you can do business with them.

Cody

Well, I just had my first bad experience with them.

I’ve ordered from them a couple of times previously, and everything went well then.

This time, however, I ordered a couple of sheets of thin 4-ply plastic for my korina projects.
What I received was 5-ply plastic (b/w/b/w/b), but marked with a sticker saying “4 layer”.

I emailed them immediately upon receipt to let them know. I guess I expected an offer to send me the correct plastic upon return of the 5-ply. I did not expect the response to be “The sheets that I sent you are the correct 4-ply material. Bye.”

So I took a picture and sent it to them:

http://images.lilypix.com/displayimage.php?pid=65581&fullsize=1

displayimage.php

Haven’t heard a thing back. Disappointing.

Arnold M.

I’ve ordered from them a couple of times previously, and everything went well then.

This time, however, I ordered a couple of sheets of thin 4-ply plastic for my korina projects.
What I received was 5-ply plastic (b/w/b/w/b), but marked with a sticker saying “4 layer”.

I emailed them immediately upon receipt to let them know. I guess I expected an offer to send me the correct plastic upon return of the 5-ply. I did not expect the response to be “The sheets that I sent you are the correct 4-ply material. Bye.”

displayimage.php

that's too bad ... it certainly doesn't sound like stellar Customer Service .... I wonder what the logic behind that response was .

ash89

that's too bad ... it certainly doesn't sound like stellar Customer Service .... I wonder what the logic behind that response was .

Its got me beat..deliberate ignorance of customers concerns means the death knell of a business..:dang:hmm

ash89

displayimage.php

This is basically the same response I got from the screwup they made with my Pups.
Except returning them for refund was offered.
They wouldn’t wear the return fright, nastily. Fortunately PayPal covered the majority of it.

So strange as they knew I was placing a much bigger order shortly thereafter, which of course didn’t happen as they are too risky to deal with from far away.
:##

ElectricGuitarM

Far out..well I guess Crazy Parts must have some successful sales and or satisfied customers.
Goodness knows we got sucked in by all the digital marketing.
Oh well, good on you.
Our experience was only quite recent and we were given a swift back hand for customer service once their mistake was discovered by us, and we came up the loser. Funny thing is that they lost out as well in the end as we had another 600+.eur order that we had planned on giving them to complete the current project. Needless to say they didn’t get that second order even though they clearly knew we wanted more things to order.
From the sound of the replies, seems that as long as they actually ship the correct goods as per the order you’re good.
If they make a mistake, look out.
We were treated like an enemy despite our kind offer to help rectify the problem from our end saving lots of inconvenience and return postage from Australia ( at our cost), saving the sale, getting another larger sale as a result and plenty of future sales. All because they short shipped something and sent two wrong parts that we offered to fix at our end.
Whenever I’ve struck suppliers who don’t give a .... about their customers, it’s the first sign that they are in trouble.
I was watching and reading the forum for years and I was always wondering if one day there will be a topic about how Crazyparts works and treats their clients!
I order from Crazyparts from time to time. On the good side - no problem with sending overseas. But there were always communication problems - very rude owner, barely speaking English, waiting days for simple reply or no reply at all. And in last 3-4 months it's a total nightmare - long processing times, no stock on basic items, they don't reply emails/messages at all, sending wrong parts, asking to return them ON MY EXPENSE, when it was their mistake... It's even more frustrating when you see the owner active whole days on FB! I mean, he does whatever he wants but....
Our first (and for sure last) order with them was a textbook on how NOT to deal with customers if one wants to make them happy or retain them for future business...
From beginning to end a full on nightmare, with what would seem to have been a calculated business model to guarantee loss of business (from us).One thing is poor English skills, a totally different story is not answering emails and when they finally do, there is no answer whatsoever to the question/issue. They always know the best, they always say ‚we already answered’ while there were no response for weeks, they always claim they sent the right part (even if it’s not what you ordered or not as described). And when it comes to send a rude rant, Mr. Nowak knows his English perfectly!
If you place an order and they have the item in stock (which is not common these days) - then you’re lucky, you will get your package. The problems start when they don’t have the item/they send a wrong item/item not as described/item lost/or you simply need some advice - then you can expect no response at all or a rude rant by mr. Nowak.

I don't like it when i order the parts in advanced. then I have to go through the hassle of checking to see if the orders are out of stock.

Brek

I have used them once for an area ‘59 tailpiece for one of my ‘Paul’s, I live in uk got the right part, delivery was about two weeks which I had no issue with. I did email them to ask about cost of getting their luthier to fit a braz board to one of my ‘59 historics, been a month and no reply. So I guess they must have enough business at mo. Lol.

Coachmoe

I emailed them back in May asking for some shipping information as well as language clarification. Never got a response. Maybe I should try his Facebook page.😉😉😉