• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Could you audition for this band?

Texas Blues

They sure are

lpkVx0P.jpg

Moonie probably had duct tape on his nipples too.

And crazy.

That way.

He was after all...

Perverted Uncle Ernie.

Doc Sausage

Fast fwd to 2019...Townsend is relegated to answering inane questions from the internet like, “Are the Guess Who and The Who the same band?” :rolleyes:

sonar

Depends on which Townshend personality I have to deal with on any given day...

Throwing his former rhythm section under the bus (which might have been the musically most interesting part of The Who apart from the songwriting) was another example of, "Which Pete today?"

SpencerD

Reminds me of a more or less well known story from their ’73 tour (although I can’t remember the exact details). Keith Moon had been rockin’ on the horse size pills and wasn’t in a position to make it to (or at least through) the set. The drummer of the support act (Lynyrd Skynyrd no less, presumably Bob Burns) was asked to step in but was similarly incapacitated, so an audience member had to stand in; don’t know if there was any time for auditioning though…

That did happen.

SpencerD

Put this in your pipe and smoke it.

12/03/79

11 people were trampled to death before a Who show in Ohio. The fucking band doesn't even know until after the gig.

That's heavy. It happened.

EDIT--- The girl I used to love lives in this yellow house.Yesterday she passed me by,she doesn't want to know me now. Can you see the real me? Can Ya? Can Ya?

Last edited:

sonar

Reminds me of a more or less well known story from their ’73 tour (although I can’t remember the exact details). Keith Moon had been rockin’ on the horse size pills and wasn’t in a position to make it to (or at least through) the set. The drummer of the support act (Lynyrd Skynyrd no less, presumably Bob Burns) was asked to step in but was similarly incapacitated, so an audience member had to stand in; don’t know if there was any time for auditioning though…

11/20/73 @ Cow Palace. There's video (check youtube) of Moon passing out...

even unconscious Keith was hysterical.

stephan_l

The Hiwatt amps go to 20? 21? Pete always find one more :laugh2::peace2

The HD picture is really cool.