• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Chuck Berry ES350T. "Maybelline, youre' doin my motor good...".

martie6621

Very limited run of only 55. Most dealers are only getting 1 or 2 at most. Very cool. I need to get talked out of looking for one :). Very tempting. Anyone here have one yet or have any first hand knowledge of this model? Not sure if they will even hit dealers walls anyway. Some are going overseas as well. Does anybody know the USA allocation of these? I know Japan always gets some. Way cool but may be way "Un-obtanium"

GotTheSilver

I can't answer any of your questions, and I am not about to dissuade you from buying one. I just wanted to weigh in to say that I think these guitars look really cool! I'd love to get to try one out, but doubt I will even get to see one in person. I can't remember exactly how much they are asking for these, but it was quite a bit. Still, cool guitar! I got to see Chuck's original in an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum in New York a few month ago.

El Gringo

I think the usual stores such as the Music Zoo , Dave's Guitars , Wildwood , Wild West Guitars , Chicago Music Exchange , will probably get one each . I did get to see this one being built in September when I visited Gibson Custom in Music City or more like it was shown to me , and it was quite stunning I will tell you . If you want one I would get in contact with one of the shops I mentioned and get yours before someone else takes it from you . This is a snooze or lose business .

TM1

I think these are $10-12k. A bit much, if they build it with Hide Glue like the originals, it would be worth it.

Wilko

All Access/Backstage Pass
I wanted to like the 350 BITD, but the narrow string spacing was uncomfortable. Same with the Birdland.

martie6621

Yep- 10K and full pricing. Dealers won't be discounting and don't have to when only 55 will be made. Could be the next collectible. The demand will exceed the supply. Worth it for such an iconic part of R&R history. Many boomers cut their teeth on Chuck's playing. A few guys in Liverpool did as well.

tonar8353

You may want to look into buying a vintage ES 350T they are a pretty good deal as far as vintage guitars go.

martie6621

The new one has a 1 & 11/16" nut width as opposed to the vintage ones which were 1 & 10/16". I have heard the reissue neck feels less cramped than the originals as well as a more comfortable neck carve. Most of the vintage ES350T's had humbuckers instead of the dog-ears.

Wilko

The new one has a 1 & 11/16" nut width as opposed to the vintage ones which were 1 & 10/16". I have heard the reissue neck feels less cramped than the originals as well as a more comfortable neck carve. Most of the vintage ES350T's had humbuckers instead of the dog-ears.

Not narrow spaced bridge and pickups like originals?

martie6621

Specs per Gibson site is 1 & 11/16s at the nut. This would be wider and more playable than the originals. I have a bud who played the spec at NAMM and he said the neck was more comfortable than the old ones.

Wilko

Specs per Gibson site is 1 & 11/16s at the nut. This would be wider and more playable than the originals. I have a bud who played the spec at NAMM and he said the neck was more comfortable than the old ones.

So these have regular bridges and pickups, and standard nut widths. That makes them more desirable, I'd imagine. originals were 1 5/8" at the nut and 2" at the bridge. The pickups were made specially narrow inside regular size covers

Last edited: