• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Will a Bigsby B70 fit an Edwards?

Mdaman13

First post!

As the title suggests, I have a query. I have an Edwards Les Paul Custom that I love to death and I'm planning to mount a Bigsby on it. My question is, will a Bigsby B70 pose any particular problems, size wise?

I've had Edwards LPs in the past with B7 tremolos mounted and they've worked splendidly, the B70s seem to have slightly different measurements from the B7s, could this be a problem? Would I need to remove and fill the holes for the stock string holder?

Any input is appreciated!

Mdaman13

Why not use a B7 when you know that it fits?

Budget troubles really. I live in Iceland and the import taxes are ridiculous. Getting a proper B7 would set me back too much and I've heard that the B70s aren't any worse quality-wise.

duaneflowers

From what I understand the vibramate won't fit a B70, also I prefer the look of a traditional mount.

I have 5 Edwards and I don't see any problem with the B70 vibramate fitting any of them... although I haven't tried it on all of them (only the Jimmy Page Sig). Aside from really deep carves on many (but not all) Edwards the ones I have are quite similar to Gibson dimension-wise. Which model do you have?

Mdaman13

I have 5 Edwards and I don't see any problem with the B70 vibramate fitting any of them... although I haven't tried it on all of them (only the Jimmy Page Sig). Aside from really deep carves on many (but not all) Edwards the ones I have are quite similar to Gibson dimension-wise. Which model do you have?

I'm not entirely sure but I think it's a E-LP-113ltc. The carves aren't too extreme. As stated I'm not interested I a vibramate since I don't like the look and I don't mind the screw holes. Were any of yours direct mounted?