The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Will a Bigsby B70 fit an Edwards?

First post!

As the title suggests, I have a query. I have an Edwards Les Paul Custom that I love to death and I'm planning to mount a Bigsby on it. My question is, will a Bigsby B70 pose any particular problems, size wise?

I've had Edwards LPs in the past with B7 tremolos mounted and they've worked splendidly, the B70s seem to have slightly different measurements from the B7s, could this be a problem? Would I need to remove and fill the holes for the stock string holder?

Any input is appreciated!

Les Paul Forum Member duaneflowers's Avatar
    Behind a badass Lester somewhere in Japan

Re: Will a Bigsby B70 fit an Edwards?

Why not use a Vibramate?
    Tone To The Bone!
    LP=[(CC*8)+(Sig*5)+(R9*2)+R8+R7+R6+(R4*2)+(50sT*2)+Stu D+LPX]+[(EpI*19)+(EsP/Ed*6)+(ToKi*3)+(Ba*3)+(Fe/Bu*2)+(ObG)+(CMS)]

Why not use a B7 when you know that it fits?

Quote Originally Posted by duaneflowers View Post
    Why not use a Vibramate?
    From what I understand the vibramate won't fit a B70, also I prefer the look of a traditional mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Keefoman View Post
    Why not use a B7 when you know that it fits?
    Budget troubles really. I live in Iceland and the import taxes are ridiculous. Getting a proper B7 would set me back too much and I've heard that the B70s aren't any worse quality-wise.

Les Paul Forum Member duaneflowers's Avatar
    Behind a badass Lester somewhere in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Mdaman13 View Post
    From what I understand the vibramate won't fit a B70, also I prefer the look of a traditional mount.
    I have 5 Edwards and I don't see any problem with the B70 vibramate fitting any of them... although I haven't tried it on all of them (only the Jimmy Page Sig). Aside from really deep carves on many (but not all) Edwards the ones I have are quite similar to Gibson dimension-wise. Which model do you have?
    Tone To The Bone!
    LP=[(CC*8)+(Sig*5)+(R9*2)+R8+R7+R6+(R4*2)+(50sT*2)+Stu D+LPX]+[(EpI*19)+(EsP/Ed*6)+(ToKi*3)+(Ba*3)+(Fe/Bu*2)+(ObG)+(CMS)]

Quote Originally Posted by duaneflowers View Post
    I have 5 Edwards and I don't see any problem with the B70 vibramate fitting any of them... although I haven't tried it on all of them (only the Jimmy Page Sig). Aside from really deep carves on many (but not all) Edwards the ones I have are quite similar to Gibson dimension-wise. Which model do you have?
    I'm not entirely sure but I think it's a E-LP-113ltc. The carves aren't too extreme. As stated I'm not interested I a vibramate since I don't like the look and I don't mind the screw holes. Were any of yours direct mounted?

Bump