• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Tyson Tone Precious & Grace Pickup Set...WOW!!

techter71

So I ordered a set of Tyson Tone Pickups a few months back and opted for the Precious & Grace set for my Les Paul Custom and all I can say is wowww! They sound incredible! Really liked the Charlie Starr, Nick Perri and Marcus King clips I saw so I figured they were worth a try. I was originally told it would be 2.5 weeks from the date I ordered and that turned into 8 weeks of frustration and worry about getting them but Bobby came through. He's a one man operation and I think is just a having trouble keeping up with the demand he's getting. They have this great tone that's very woody and clear and really make this guitar shine finally. I replaced the pots and wiring while I was at it with VIP Pots and Sprague Vitamin Q PIO Caps wired 50's style and it provides such a great assortment of tones just messing with the volume and tone controls. Really cleans up nicely with the volume rolled down and my buddy and I were able to get some killer cocked wah and woman tones. I have yet to try the Wizz pickups but my buddy who has a couple sets said these are right in the same ballpark so we plan to compare in the near future. I really like the unpotted Custombuckers in my 61 RI but I'm thinking I may see what this same configuration of pickups and pots sound like in it as well. Anyone else have these pickups and like them as much as I do?

guits.jpg

corpse

Only the P-90's and I love them.
Tons of fun.

The "gone walkabout" is BS though. Build some inventory knucklehead- it has cost him a ton of business.