• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Is Gibson discontinuing the Original series Les Paul Standard ‘60s?

rolijen

Friends,

I was just visiting Gibson.com where I shockingly was NOT able to see the 60s version of the Original series Les Paul Standard listed as part of the current lineup. Please tell me it aint so! Here's the link to the Original collection:

https://www.gibson.com/Guitars/Collection/original

I'd like to know if this is news or if it just reflects my inability to use the interwebs.

Thanks!

Roli

jb_abides

probably sold out for the year or trying to catch up because production is slow

Perhaps, but Gibson's website has the ability to list 'not available' versus removing the model entirely. Why remove the model?

I hope we'll hear more in a few weeks as news comes out of NAMM :salude

Madhermit

Glad I got mine just a couple of months ago. I freakin love it. It sounds HUGE!

My guess is it is out of production temporarily. But then again, most NGD posts seem to be for the Original 50s version.

MattxG908

I noticed this last night and came here to see if anyone else noticed. The Les Paul Classic is also gone. I presume the standard 60s and Les Paul Classic are both big sellers, so I really don't think Gibson would discontinue two popular models, but I suppose with the decisions they've made the past few years it would be right up their alley to discontinue em. In all likelihood I assume they're gonna be revamping em for 2020 and maybe coming out with some new finish options or something. I do love my 2019 LP Classic though.

pqs

It’s ought to be that someone responsible for updating the website made a mistake. The Standard ‘60s and Classic seem to be high selling models. I don’t foresee Gibson dropping them from the lineup. The Classic have been consistently good across the years and the Standard ‘60s have an amazing selection of finishes that appear to have become very popular. Those bourbon burst finishes look amazing and I’ve seen several Unburst finishes in person that were so beautiful they were a bit hypnotic.

pqs

I also see the Standard 60s back on the website. The Classic hasn't returned yet. I'm conjecture it's just a simple error and the classic should be back in no time. Good catch OP.

RiverCityVintage

Perhaps, but Gibson's website has the ability to list 'not available' versus removing the model entirely. Why remove the model?

I hope we'll hear more in a few weeks as news comes out of NAMM :salude

to edit and update the listing for website maintenance and a changing model year.

sonar

I wouldn’t trust a website like gibson.com to be on top of model runs. Beat to call a dealer.

lvidal

The Classic has never been in the Original collection. Since the new management revealed the Original and Modern lineups the Classic has been a Modern Collection model.

I noticed this last night and came here to see if anyone else noticed. The Les Paul Classic is also gone. I presume the standard 60s and Les Paul Classic are both big sellers, so I really don't think Gibson would discontinue two popular models, but I suppose with the decisions they've made the past few years it would be right up their alley to discontinue em. In all likelihood I assume they're gonna be revamping em for 2020 and maybe coming out with some new finish options or something. I do love my 2019 LP Classic though.

jb_abides

They must've had "Slim Taper derangement syndrome" for a bit :salude