• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1960 Gibson Les Paul Standard # 0 1500

T.Allen

4K3A8057.jpg

Interesting repair. I have not seen that before.

BoomGuru

I started negotiating with Matt about this Burst when he had it on consignment in Paris a few months ago... Couldn’t get the deal done and ended up settling on a clean, one owner ‘57 custom.

Good luck to whoever wants it...

Blues Bird

I started negotiating with Matt about this Burst when he had it on consignment in Paris a few months ago... Couldn’t get the deal done and ended up settling on a clean, one owner ‘57 custom.

Good luck to whoever wants it...

This was probably the better ( and smarter) deal. :salude

Care to share a picture of your '57 Custom?

marshall1987

Pretty decent guitar; however, unless I missed it.... there isn't a clear detailed photo of the headstock break and subsequent repair. Does the guitar have new wood grafted into the back of the headstock? Or is there a scarf joint high up the neck? I can't tell. That seems to be the number one issue affecting the price of this guitar. :hmm

it seems like the seller has gone out of his way to leave out a good closeup photo(s) of the repaired headstock break. From the photos it's not easy for my laymen eyes to evaluate the degree of the headstock break and subsequent repair. Again, unless I missed it, that's not being straight up with potential buyers. :dang

sws1

Pretty decent guitar; however, unless I missed it.... there isn't a clear detailed photo of the headstock break and subsequent repair. Does the guitar have new wood grafted into the back of the headstock? Or is there a scarf joint high up the neck? I can't tell. That seems to be the number one issue affecting the price of this guitar. :hmm

it seems like the seller has gone out of his way to leave out a good closeup photo(s) of the repaired headstock break. From the photos it's not easy for my laymen eyes to evaluate the degree of the headstock break and subsequent repair. Again, unless I missed it, that's not being straight up with potential buyers. :dang

This one appears to show the repair going from back of headstock part ways up the neck.
4K3A8082.jpg

Blues Bird

Looks like the guitar is getting around in Europe quit a bit. In August it was still for sale in France, now it is (again?) in Germany.

https://webcache.googleusercontent....iotto+&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=safari

That was either a fast buy and resell or this Lester is a bit of shelf warmer passed around among European dealers.

The Youtube video btw is good example of why it is not always a smart move to back up an online add of vintage guitar with videos: Even with a monster player like Kirk Fletcher there nothing to hear that a very good R9 can't do. You got to be at least in the same room or better feel and play such a guitar yourself to get the magic.

sws1

Looks like the guitar is getting around in Europe quit a bit. In August it was still for sale in France, now it is (again?) in Germany.

https://webcache.googleusercontent....iotto+&cd=2&hl=de&ct=clnk&gl=de&client=safari

That was either a fast buy and resell or this Lester is a bit of shelf warmer passed around among European dealers.

The Youtube video btw is good example of why it is not always a smart move to back up an online add of vintage guitar with videos: Even with a monster player like Kirk Fletcher there nothing to hear that a very good R9 can't do. You got to be at least in the same room or better feel and play such a guitar yourself to get the magic.

Don't know for certain why it left the dealer in France, but I suspect (based on reports) it was pulled and re-listed at a different dealer.