• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Selector or Pickup Issue?

Yulian

Hi Folks!
Just recently bought the 2017 Les Paul Tribute second hand.
It is a wonderful guitar but there is one strange thing about it: in the lower (supposedly bridge pickup) position of the toggle switch the volume is almost twice lower than in the upper and middle positions. Both volume knobs are on max. What can that mean? Sounds almost like coil-split. Is this faulted selector wiring (somehow both pickups, possibly coil-splitted are in parallel in the "bridge" position and the proper bridge pickup is in the middle one) or there may be some pickup problem? Just wondering about possible causes before I either venture to get inside the cavity myself or go to the tech.

I am quite comfortable with re-soldering strats, but this is my first LP guitar and since it is quite expensive, I don't want to mess things up.

Thanks!