• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Discounted 2017, 2018 & 2019 Historic LPs in the UK - including lefties!

LP007

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share that a batch of difficult to find historic reissues and modern LPs have become available in the UK at Guitar Guitar, the prices are quite good too. They are a mixture of 2017, 2018 and 2019s, so the 2017 hybrid 59/True Historic specs are available new.

After a drought of reissue lefties in the UK, it looks like Gibson have released a large batch to GG. I've seen previous posts saying that there may have been saturation at the top of the LP market following Collectors Choice, so it looks like Gibson held back releasing guitars until UK demand increased again. Until recently the only lefty Custom Shop LP that could easily be found in the UK was the 59 60th anniversary at £5k+. As far as I know USA production lefties still have to be custom ordered to the UK.

I thought this was worth sharing, I don't work for Guitar Guitar or have any links with them. If anyone in the UK is in the market for a reissue this could be a good opportunity, and potentially one of the last chances to pick up a new 2017 reissue.
My lefty 2017 58 reissue is a brilliant guitar that took a long time to find in the UK, so I was surprised when loads of lefties suddenly became available. You would think that there aren't many new 2017s out there - unless Gibson still have loads up their sleeves....

Tim1300r

Interesting.

I just had a look on the site.

My experience with those people was not the best so I have bought mine from Thomann. I got a 60th Anniversary 59 from them amongst others!

jb_abides

Wow. That's certainly a cache of lefties for the UK,EU market! Some nice ones there... sadly, I won't be shopping the UK for Gibsons... thanks for posting.

I have no vested interest in rating shops over there, but their online photo resolution leaves something to be desired....

:salude

STC

Saw these too, tempted there for the moment with one of the customs... :)