• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Installing Two Burstbucker II's

Zulujos

If memory serves I have two BB2's sitting around and was considering installing them in an LP knockoff. Any thoughts?

mdubya

You may very well like them. You certainly cannot hurt anything by trying.

I have had BB2 in the neck position before and I did not like it. But I like fairly low output pickups the best. My combo was BB3 in the bridge, BB2 in the neck. I would prefer a BB1 or standard '57 Classic or other lower output pickup in the neck position.

metropolis

Do it but I'd recommend recording (if you can) so you can do a before and after comparison. I've done a lot of pickup switches and it's those recordings that really help me compare whether there is a big difference or not.

Most recently I put some BBs in a Hagstrom Viking (ES-3xx-style copy) and although there wasn't an enormous difference compared to the stock pickups (which were surprisingly good) I did notice sweeter highs so kept them. Easy to swap back later.