• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

NGD – Gibson Les Paul Traditional 2014

Arkadian

Heritage Cherry Sunburst. The 59 Tribute pickups are just as I like them, relatively low in output, not too much bass and with some airiness in the midrange. The flame top is pretty nice, I think. Quite heavy, 9.3 pounds, but that's not a problem for me. This came with no pickguard (and no screw holes). I think I'll leave it like this, I can't bring myself to drill holes in it. Or should I?

nKPNDfA.jpg

ycHaH0J.jpg

Last edited:

Arkadian

[SUP]WOW Beautiful guitar. Congrats and enjoy. [/SUP]

Thank you! I'm enjoying it immensely. Just put on my favourite strings, straightened the truss rod a little, and set pickup and string height. Now it plays like butter and sounds like perfection.

Last edited:

El Gringo

Heritage Cherry Sunburst. The 59 Tribute pickups are just as I like them, relatively low in output, not too much bass and with some airiness in the midrange. The flame top is pretty nice, I think. Quite heavy, 9.3 pounds, but that's not a problem for me. This came with no pickguard (and no screw holes). I think I'll leave it like this, I can't bring myself to drill holes in it. Or should I?

hXj5o8s.jpg

ycHaH0J.jpg

Congrats on your fine new Les Paul . My 2 cents is don't drill for a pickguard , because when you have a nice figured maple top like yours why would you want to cover it up ? Don't do it !

Arkadian

Congrats on your fine new Les Paul .

Thanks!

My 2 cents is don't drill for a pickguard , because when you have a nice figured maple top like yours why would you want to cover it up ? Don't do it !

I've decided I won't. With my playing style, I don't really need a pickguard anyway, and I agree that the top really is too nice to cover up with plastic. I guess there's a reason why Gibson made these with no pickguard.

Last edited:

Big Al

I wouldn't call 9.3lbs quite heavy, but then I started buying Les Pauls in the early 70's.

Lovely color and figure on that one. :salude:hank