• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Billy Gibbons Pearly Gates VOS

5997joe

Has anyone played the VOS version of the Pearly Gates? If so, what were your thoughts on feel, looks and sound?

Ace139

5997Joe -

You may have already done this - but I would do a search on the LP Forum. I bet there is a lot of info that has been posted. Again you probably have done this too - but maybe Youtube.

I know the general consensus was they were a very good run and as far as reissues go have done a pretty good job of holding some value.

Hope you get the info you are looking for :dude:

duaneflowers

With the exception of over-gunking the VOS treatment on the pickup covers mine is one of my all time favorite playahs... absolutely perfect in every way. Was there something specific you wanted to know?

41313778_10216288618584692_6009447936243531776_o.jpg

Les-Zombie

Formerly zakkwylde74
I have a pearly vos and its been my favorite les paul and has been for a long time, i have other les pauls that are more expensive but i always wanna grab my pearly.

Tim Plains

I had one. The frets were shorter/narrower than typical historic frets, that's the only thing I wasn't too fond of, otherwise great guitar. The neck felt slightly more C shaped than other R9s I've played from that era.

Looks like they go for big money
He's asking about the VOS, not signed model.