• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Black Crowes - At the Troubador

SpencerD

Chris and Rich ain't fuckin' around man. Those guys are in their 50's .....:dude::yah

The band sounds great too! Nice!!

J.D.

Man that band was so good in the '90s. It was heartbreaking when they called it quits. Looks like there's still some magic there.

SpencerD

They're going to play Shake Your Money Maker.

I get it - 30 year anniversary and all. -- There are certainly better albums than that one :peace2:spabout

PixelBurst

I’ve watched a lot of clips of this new line up. The drummer is weak. He’s got no feel and makes them sound like a cover band rather than the real deal. I won’t be buying tickets...

zacknorton

Sounds great...but that dude behind the kit ain’t Steve Gorman.

What would the stones be without Charlie watts?

2002standardmat

That ain’t the Black Crowes.

Brothers Of A Feather with some backing musicians, guitarist is ok but to call them the Crowes ain’t right.

Read Steve Gormans biography or listen to any of the recent interviews he has done. This whole thing smelled like a cash grab before them and it still does.

Drummer just ain’t hittin’ it in all the vids I have watched.

The is no denying Chris and Rich are great together but this isn’t the band they are calling it, simple.

jb_abides

They've got 7 months to practice, get that drummer to swing... or convince Gorman to get on-board. :hmm :spabout Probably never, I think the bros want the 50-50 ownership and wouldn't pay Steve enough...

I am going to check them out -- Chris and Rich keep things interesting and anything can happen in that time including new music. :salude

J.D.

That's exactly what this is. These guys are getting older. They (Chris and Rich) don't have many years left to cash in on the Black Crowes. At the end of the day they both probably realized it's better to swallow their pride and play together than go at it separate with their own bands.

zacknorton

Just saw Gorman’s band last night.
No crowes material but the drum grooves were there. super vibey.

all the crowes talk has put a lot of their records on the player and videos on the computer.

Man were they an incredibly powerful band!

Good luck to the robinson brothers. After you make some mad cash, you should get the band back together :dude: