• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

My 1967-1969 Flying Vs. These are all the "real-deal" folks. Enjoy !

67_V

img-3523_orig.jpg

Rich R

In the Zone/Backstage Pass
Beautiful group. No pick up rings makes those humbuckers stand out!

Yeah, I always liked that effect! I had 3 of those "Latter-Day Vs" in my playing days, always liked the feel and shape, with the body going up into the fretboard area. When you play a V onstage, you KNOW you're playing Rock!

Now, I've regressed back to preferring the original '58 shape, and Korina. Live and learn...

65Firebird

Wow! What a fine bunch you have. I've never played a '60s V, what are the necks like?

marshall1987

Nice Flying V collection! :salude

There were several notable guitar players that used those guitars. Hendrix and Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash comes to mind.

Wishbone Ash wrote songs that allowed Andy to shine on lead guitar and he almost always played a mid-60s Flying V. There is a You Tube video of a Wishbone Ash concert where Andy also plays a '58 Korina Flying V.

Wishbone Ash-Rockpalast Cologne12-1-76[Full].

<iframe width="568" height="454" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MT-yTBrplSE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>