• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Complete "correct" plastic set for Historics - all from one place?

Davidos

Is there anyone that sells a complete set (pickguard, rings and poker chip) that is considered to be a good repro of the originals? Asking for a complete set because I think buying piecemeal would lead to different colors... i.e., pickguard from one place, poker chip from another...

In other words I want all the plastics to be the same color...

anyone?

cds1951

Is there anyone that sells a complete set (pickguard, rings and poker chip) that is considered to be a good repro of the originals? Asking for a complete set because I think buying piecemeal would lead to different colors... i.e., pickguard from one place, poker chip from another...

In other words I want all the plastics to be the same color...

anyone?

https://www.creamtone.com/collections/absolute-vintage

corpse

The originals- whether by design or origin/composition were not the same color by any stretch. We AVH's, in our desire to recreate bursts have gone to great lengths to mock PU rings, knobs, switch tips, etc. There is a sticky in this forum- check it out.

asapmaz

The last thing you want to do is to have all your plastic look the same color.
That's one sure way of making your reissue look even more like a reissue.

CatManDoo88

The originals- whether by design or origin/composition were not the same color by any stretch. We AVH's, in our desire to recreate bursts have gone to great lengths to mock PU rings, knobs, switch tips, etc. There is a sticky in this forum- check it out.
This. None of the parts were the same colour. Different manufacturing processes for different parts resulted in slight differences in colour.

I have a complete set of CreamTone Absolute Vintage plastics on my Historic Makeover and love them. They do a wonderful job of capturing the small differences in colour. I took my guitar in for some tweaking after I got it back from Kim (due to climate change between Florida and Ontario) and the vintage guitar shop I took it to had some vintage plastic parts in and we did a little A/B comparison and they were pretty spot on.