• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Insurance in the UK

j2tgw

Hi I am looking for a good insurance company or broker in the UK , I have a few high end guitars ,
They are insured in the house but looking to get insurance if taking them to shows ect
anybody have any recommendations

Thank Tom

pjisaacs

Check out New Moon insurance broker - I’ve been insured with them for a few years, never claimed but good prices and service

F-Hole

I used Chubb Masterpiece.....covers all risks, anywhere, no exception. Expensive, but it's the "gold standard".

johnreardon

I use Musicguard. Prices not too bad and you also get £1million of Public Liability cover as standard when you insure any equipment. You can also choose to extend your Public Liability cover to £5million.

https://www.musicguard.co.uk/

Reno_1ted

Mine are insured on my house insurance but I called them and they added on cover to take them out of the house for loss, theft and accidental damage, didn't make much difference to the premium at all.

j2tgw

Thanks guys I have them on my house insurance , But they would not cover them outside the house .
I have contacted a few brokers today and all say because of the sum insured they would need to speak
to there under writers to see if they would quote me or not ?
Will just have to wait a few days and see if they get back to me

Its nice having a few 50,s les pauls but with the cost of insurance nowadays they might be up for sale soon ?
especially if my misses has her way LOL

Tom

Angelaw

Indeed, insurance is a very important aspect and I am glad that so many people are aware of this fact. For a long time, I have turned to a company that deals with insurance for musicians, musical instruments, DJ's and recording artists and in this way, I feel much safer. Many of my musician friends have turned to the same company - https://www.victorcknight.co.uk/ and I am glad that there are such safe solutions. In case someone here needs it, I recommend it with confidence and I hope it is useful for you.

Last edited: