• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Les Paul toggle switch wire

Gadge

I read an excellent detailed article on how to convert your guitar to a 59 style wiring and pickups (Seymour Duncan antiquity) but one thing that isnt mentioned is the toggle switch wire, I notice the original 59 had the same thick wore as the pickup wire but mine has very thin (higher resistance - darker tone) wire.

I wanted to ask if anyone has bothered to change this wire and if they notice any improvement or if you have any tips/diagrams that can help me on my way to modding the switch.

kevinkjs

I used a Seymour Duncan diagram to switch to 50's wiring on my 99' Standard. The change didn't involve my selector
switch. If your talking about changing pickups and wiring, I would just keep the switch wire as it is for now. It could just
possibly be an old diagram that shows a thicker wire. I doubt that the switch wire would have anything to do with tone
or output, but you could investigate further if you wish. Good luck and I prefer the 50's wiring greatly.