• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Anyone looking for NOS Philips 6L6WGB tubes?

musekatcher

I'd be interested, if you can elaborate on how they were tested, what tester was used, when the tester was last calibrated, and if you have a return policy?

57Strat777

I'd be interested, if you can elaborate on how they were tested, what tester was used, when the tester was last calibrated, and if you have a return policy?

Here's the story behind these tubes that I have in the Craigslist ad. Around 1990 a friend of mine told me he was bidding on a US government auction for a sealed case of 100 of these tubes . He won the auction and offered me half the case. The guy was an electrical engineer that built his own tube amps for a hobby. He had a little electric box that he built that you plugged the tube in and it produced a number that was used for matching the tubes. That is what all those hand written numbers are on each box. No idea what the number means, but I was there when he put each tube in the machine and I wrote the number on the box as each tube came out of the machine. I've had the tubes ever since 1990. No idea what the machine was. If you're interested in the tubes, you can contact me through the Craigslist ad. Happy to give you my number if you want to chat about it.