• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Identification help Les paul

Medium

Hello everyone, this is my first thread in this forum.

I have been offered to buy a Les paul, and i dont know if it is a fake, thats why i'm seeking help to identify this thing, if anyone knows what it is. I dont even know if this is the right place to ask. :)

The owner says it is a gibson guitar that gibson themself used to try different pickups in.
There is no serial number on the headstock, he tells me it is from the 1970s.

I have 4 pictures of it, if anyone could tell me anything about it i would be thankful.
Here are the pictures i got so far.

received_427639157934707.jpgreceived_775635809528838.jpgreceived_2681153971966386.jpgreceived_2797487843618974.jpg

Regards Alexander Hansson Sweden

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
That does not appear to be a real Gibson, and it is definitely not from the Gibson Custom Shop! :wah

Medium

Well i couldnt find any topic that really fit my question. According to him (may be a lie, or it may be that he himself was misinformed when he bought it) it was used to try different pickups in the gibson factory, i will ask if he has any proof of that when i call later today.

I just wanted to try to get some more information before i talked to him. See if anyone ever heard of anything like this at the gibson factory.

Big Al

WTF!WTF!!WTF!!!:bigal:bigal:bigal

Why do these guys use the tiny Film Noir photo's??

IDK, that may be a Gibson shadow.:##:##:##