• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1973 '54 LPC!

Quilttop

Traded two nice guitars plus some cash for this old gal!!! 1973 Gibson '54 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty with a nice serial no!!! Pots are original with the exception of one pot change. Some backplate screws that are obviously wrong size and a non-original white selector switch. The rest seems to check out!!! The ABR-1 bridge was somehow reversed over the years with a leaning stud posts. Switched out the bridge and put a Faber bridge in for practical reason. The original bridge functions and intonate fine but I figured it's old so I will preserved it instead.

Had a 3 pickup black beauty reissue in the past and missed that!!! So glad I took the plunge to get it!!! Staple n P90 are sublime!!

49037025648_d7cbfbabc1_b.jpg

mdubya

It lives up to its name: Beauty! :XRE

Was going to be a humbucker day for me. Now it looks like you have inspired me to break out the P-90's. :peace2

Big Al

Those are just excellent Les Pauls! Is the white toggle an aftermarket? They came with the typical white plastic Norlin 70's tips. Save it with the bridge if it is. I still have a stash of NOS and used 70's tips. Really nice guitar there. I wish I hung on to mine.

Quilttop

Those are just excellent Les Pauls! Is the white toggle an aftermarket? They came with the typical white plastic Norlin 70's tips. Save it with the bridge if it is. I still have a stash of NOS and used 70's tips. Really nice guitar there. I wish I hung on to mine.

Yes!!! The original tip has broken off. Only half of it was left in the case. This is just what we could find from the a pile of old parts at the shop. It's the only white tip that fits.

Big Al

Yes!!! The original tip has broken off. Only half of it was left in the case. This is just what we could find from the a pile of old parts at the shop. It's the only white tip that fits.

PM me your shipping address and I'll send a 70's tip.:hank