• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Jimmy Page Wembley 2008 Settings

KDunn99

I was binge watching all things Page/Zeppelin as usual and upon re-watching Page and JPJ play Ramble On with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins, during the long sustained note solo, I noticed the camera, while doing a close-up on Page, was also doing a good close-up of one of his Orange AD30's.

https://imgur.com/a/4seTin5

The settings are in very clear view during most of the solo. However, this is the only frame i found where Jimmy wasn't standing in front of the Gain knob. So I decided, while not as clear as other shots, to post this one as it's the only one that shows his gain (which to me is the least important setting to worry about since it varies on many different things) and the other settings are still clear enough to see.

The settings have marks on the chassis as follows
Master: 5.5 and 6.5
Treble: 4 and 6
Middle: 6.5 or 7 (sloppyish mark)
Bass: 4 and 5
Gain: 6

That may seem pretty flat but keep in mind pot tapers on most amps, especially old british amps, have an audio taper on the bass, and linear tapers on the mids and treble. Meaning his Percentages of signal look more like
Treble: 60%
Mids: 65-70%
and because of the audio taper,
Bass: 10%

Wally

And as I understand it, he runs a big Marshall with the Bass at zero, right?

duaneflowers

I'm not sure if it was here or another forum I read that Jimmy (and the Rev and a few others) repositioned some of the knobs (a fairly painless procedure) just to mess with us (and keep their KFC secret recipe secret). Like everything else on the Interwebz this ofc needs to be taken with a grain of salt... so while the eyes might deceive the ears never do (subjective as that may be) :salude