• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Wanna hear a lively and responsive solid body?

57Strat777

Hi Guys - This is my old 1991 Strat that I've owned for about 28 years. It is one of the most lively and harmonically rich guitars I have ever owned. Check out the unplugged tone in the below video.

https://youtu.be/8VaZeqN7bkM

Last edited:

SpencerD

DUDE!!!

That's pretty fucking badass right there. :dude: -- Good job on that for sure.

EDIT -- I have a 2006 American Deluxe - the HSS model and mine sounds eerily similar to your guitar acoustically. I play mine without any amps quite frequently.

Last edited:

57Strat777

DUDE!!!

That's pretty fucking badass right there. :dude: -- Good job on that for sure.

EDIT -- I have a 2006 American Deluxe - the HSS model and mine sounds eerily similar to your guitar acoustically. I play mine without any amps quite frequently.

Thanks! My wife lets me play unplugged while we watch TV. I think playing without an amp teaches you how to extract tone with your fingers.

Iguana

When you’re not using the tremolo that strat almost sounds like an ambient miked acoustic guitar. The playing don’t suck either.

I play unplugged way more often than plugged in. I have to agree, playing unplugged teaches you a lot about pulling tone with your hands.