• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Fooling Yourself (Styx) tutorial

marshall1987

Thanks for the Styx tutorial. Fooling Yourself is a great song that showcases Tommy's vocals also. Somewhat unusual for a classic or hard rock band, Styx attracted many female fans to their concerts.

Tommy Shaw is an extremely talented muscian-singer-songwriter. Styx became a headliner shortly after Tommy joined the band. I saw Styx play the Taylor County Auditorium in Abilene Texas in 1979 and they blew me away! Tommy played a '70s Gibson Explorer and JY Young played a Stratocaster (or Kramer?) if I recall correctly.

Sadly differences with their founding member Dennis DeYoung, Styx broke up twice, then finally fired Dennis and hired Lawrence Gowan.

And they are still going strong with a very talented new keyboard player (Lawrence Gowan), bassist (Ricky Phillips), and one of the best drummers in the business, Todd Sucherman. :salude

maplebaby

Thanks for the Styx tutorial. Fooling Yourself is a great song that showcases Tommy's vocals also. Somewhat unusual for a classic or hard rock band, Styx attracted many female fans to their concerts.

Tommy Shaw is an extremely talented muscian-singer-songwriter. Styx became a headliner shortly after Tommy joined the band. I saw Styx play the Taylor County Auditorium in Abilene Texas in 1979 and they blew me away! Tommy played a '70s Gibson Explorer and JY Young played a Stratocaster (or Kramer?) if I recall correctly.

Sadly differences with their founding member Dennis DeYoung, Styx broke up twice, then finally fired Dennis and hired Lawrence Gowan.

And they are still going strong with a very talented new keyboard player (Lawrence Gowan), bassist (Ricky Phillips), and one of the best drummers in the business, Todd Sucherman. :salude

thanks for checking it out!