• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Two Years and Two Days With My Wildwood Brazillian...

El Gringo

I got to be honest... I know that there are more than a few people who feel the way you do about neck profiles, but I'm not one of those guys. I don't understand it, at all... I've got a bunch of guitars with neck sizes and profiles, that are all over the map, from '61 slim tapers, to R4 and R8 baseball bats, to '59 style, to soft "V" Strats, and I can pick up any one of those guitars and play them, without ever thinking about the neck size or profile.

But that's just me... :salude

Hello, You have a most beautiful Brazilian R9 . Where I Feel the smaller profile is closest to the headstock when I am playing the ole cowboy chords , as I move up towards the bridge it's all good and normal . Just by the headstock , and get this yesterday I played my baseball bat LPC and it felt much better ,but switching from the past 2 weeks with the smaller profile makes a difference . I have a 60's slim taper profile out for service and when that comes back I will play that and that is even a smaller profile than the Carmelita profile . So I guess variety is good for choices . Now for me I am more inclined to go for the 58 R8's when I shop for mew Custom Shop Gibson's and I wish that Gibson Custom used the same fancy tops on the R8's as they do for the R9's .

El Gringo

Also I wonder if the smaller profile had to do with the limited supply of Brazilian boards ? Kind of like when the Brazilian started to disappear in the late 60's Martin came out with the D-35 with the 3 piece backs , because of dwindling supplies of Brazilian Rosewood . Just a theory/hunch ?

Ken Fortunato

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, You have a most beautiful Brazilian R9. Where I Feel the smaller profile is closest to the headstock when I am playing the ole cowboy chords , as I move up towards the bridge it's all good and normal . Just by the headstock , and get this yesterday I played my baseball bat LPC and it felt much better ,but switching from the past 2 weeks with the smaller profile makes a difference . I have a 60's slim taper profile out for service and when that comes back I will play that and that is even a smaller profile than the Carmelita profile . So I guess variety is good for choices . Now for me I am more inclined to go for the 58 R8's when I shop for mew Custom Shop Gibson's and I wish that Gibson Custom used the same fancy tops on the R8's as they do for the R9's .

Thank you... :salude

Also I wonder if the smaller profile had to do with the limited supply of Brazilian boards ? Kind of like when the Brazilian started to disappear in the late 60's Martin came out with the D-35 with the 3 piece backs , because of dwindling supplies of Brazilian Rosewood . Just a theory/hunch ?

I suppose that anything is possible... :hmm