• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

1955 GT Opinion

opdev

This mint GT is on Reverb. Looks great (even though I think it's $$$$. What's the opinion on the finish checking on the neck near the headstock? Is that just checking or could it be small cracks?

1955 Goldtop

marshall1987

Looks like a very nice unmolested 1955 Goldtop. The condition is excellent from what I can see. I don't see anything in the photos or description that would be an issue.

I haven't had any experience with the seller, Asbury Park Vintage Guitars. As a potential buyer, I would want to call them on the phone for an in-hand description.

Here are a few photos from the listing:

sws1

That guitar did recently come from the UK. I've seen the guitar in person and know the seller. It is a finish crack.

opdev

This is the one from the UK auction. The lighting was different so I did not recognize. I was interested in this guitar the first time it was on Reverb but it sold before I made an offer (42K).

Anyway, must be the UK to US import duty... lol

Original UK Listing

DEVILBAT

My late 1955 tune-o-matic Goldtop

sH2glzD.jpg

tHJvkoR.jpg

bOossYI.jpg

flQzLjG.jpg

CVd4o9y.jpg

Lot's of honest playing wear...looks, plays and sounds great!