The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

LP Peter Frampton - electronic Diagram required

I have a 2012 LP Peter Frampton. I gather sometime after this Gibson changed the Electronics and put Push/Pull knobs on.
    The 2012 Has a 3 way selector, two volume and two tone controls. The middle pick up is always active and controlled by volume knob.
    So Selector in up position is Neck only, but you can either mute the middle (volume off) or 'blend' it into the mix.
    Selector in the middle is all pickups. Middle volume off=neck/bridge only. Neck/bridge volume off=middle only
    Selector down is Bridge pick up only if you turn middle volume off, or turn volume up if you want the 'blend'
    Gibson keep sending the later amended diagram. I need the wiring diagram for this 2012 model.
    Please, please any help appreciated.
    Harle

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: LP Peter Frampton - electronic Diagram required

I found this in another forum, just scroll down a bit and you'll see a hand-drawn picture:https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/ng...ed-coa.420283/

Just get a freeway 6 position toggle. Way more flexible Than dicking around with the switch and volumes to get the middle position by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by rick c View Post
    I found this in another forum, just scroll down a bit and you'll see a hand-drawn picture:https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/ng...ed-coa.420283/
    Many thanks for the reply. I'll post back if it all works out OK.

Quote Originally Posted by zacknorton View Post
    Just get a freeway 6 position toggle. Way more flexible Than dicking around with the switch and volumes to get the middle position by itself.
    Many thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. Will this require any alteration to the guitar structure?