• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

LP Peter Frampton - electronic Diagram required

Harle000

I have a 2012 LP Peter Frampton. I gather sometime after this Gibson changed the Electronics and put Push/Pull knobs on.
The 2012 Has a 3 way selector, two volume and two tone controls. The middle pick up is always active and controlled by volume knob.
So Selector in up position is Neck only, but you can either mute the middle (volume off) or 'blend' it into the mix.
Selector in the middle is all pickups. Middle volume off=neck/bridge only. Neck/bridge volume off=middle only
Selector down is Bridge pick up only if you turn middle volume off, or turn volume up if you want the 'blend'
Gibson keep sending the later amended diagram. I need the wiring diagram for this 2012 model.
Please, please any help appreciated.
Harle

zacknorton

Just get a freeway 6 position toggle. Way more flexible Than dicking around with the switch and volumes to get the middle position by itself.

Harle000

Just get a freeway 6 position toggle. Way more flexible Than dicking around with the switch and volumes to get the middle position by itself.
Many thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. Will this require any alteration to the guitar structure?