The Fender Forum
NEW! LPF Facebook Page
NEW! LPF Instagram Page
Merchandise & Donations
NEW! Burst Serial Log Home Page
LPF Homesite

Sansamp / Line6 / Strymon ???

Hi All,
    anyone use such "amp in a pedal" that you use for gigging ?
    ie. something you can just plug into a house PA and get good amp / cab tones out of ?
    Any facts stated above questionable, and opinions are not necessarily to be taken seriously

Les Paul Forum Member

Re: Sansamp / Line6 / Strymon ???

I run DI every week and have for the past handful of years, so yes. What is your budget and what amp are you after? A Helix or better yet a Kemper is ideal, XLR out etc. There are all kinds of options, single pre amp pedals with and without cab sims etc...but budget and style of music would determine a better answer.

Wait a bit, Fractal is coming out with the FM3 soon. Perfect for a musician on the go!
    https://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/190...er-MultiFX.pdf
    Game on!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick-O View Post
    I run DI every week and have for the past handful of years, so yes. What is your budget and what amp are you after? A Helix or better yet a Kemper is ideal, XLR out etc. There are all kinds of options, single pre amp pedals with and without cab sims etc...but budget and style of music would determine a better answer.
    Thanks,
    I'm not too worried about budget, the Strymon Iridium is $399USD and looks like a great new unit, so anything in tah ballpark would be good.
    The Blackstar HT-DUAL also looks like it will fit the bill, but reports of poor reliability and 300VDC power input are of some concern

I'm not after anything full on like a Kemper, I just want good marshall tone in a box, if that helps with any recommendations ?
    Any facts stated above questionable, and opinions are not necessarily to be taken seriously

Les Paul Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by au_rick View Post
    The Blackstar HT-DUAL also looks like it will fit the bill, but reports of poor reliability and 300VDC power input are of some concern
    I have no first hand experience so can't comment on reliability but the power input is not 300V, the pedal operates from a low voltage DC supply and this is stepped up inside the pedal to provide the high voltage HT supply for the valve.

Add NUX Solid Studio IR to the mix, anyone used one of these ??

Quote Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
    I have no first hand experience so can't comment on reliability but the power input is not 300V, the pedal operates from a low voltage DC supply and this is stepped up inside the pedal to provide the high voltage HT supply for the valve.
    Yes, it seems they use 22V input, but some reading I've done complains that the internal 300v causes other pedals nearby to hum badly ?