• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Gibson Loses Firebird Body Shape In The EU

Fried okra

So what does this actually mean? :hmm

https://guitar.com/news/gibson-loses-firebird-body-shape-trademark-in-the-eu/

Gary-Gand-Gibson-Firebird-Body-152@1400x1050.jpg

mdubya

I am not sure, but that particular Firebird in your post is about as cool as it gets. :bug

deytookerjaabs

Holy smokes that pic of a 'bird ya got there is out of sight.

As for the rest, just seems like common sense to me: consumers don't need the shape to identify the origin and a shape of an instrument shouldn't be indefinitely monopolized IMO.

Dunno the cost over in the EU but for the $$ Gibson still builds the best 'birds on the planet so they're probably trying to protect the low budget end of their market (Epi) from an influx of squier caliber guitars in the traditional Gibson style shapes. I mean, that's already happening/happened only with tiny oblong changes to said body shapes for "distinction."

Fried okra

I am not sure, but that particular Firebird in your post is about as cool as it gets. :bug

I only know of three. One at Songbirds, the one pictured above and mine pictured below. :salude

DSC_3286FriedOkraVintage.JPG
DSC_3286FriedOkraVintage.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

mdubya

I only know of three. One at Songbirds, the one pictured above and mine pictured below. :salude

DSC_3286FriedOkraVintage.JPG
DSC_3286FriedOkraVintage.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:applaude:bug:applaude:bug:applaude

Awesome.

A matching one with FB minis would complete the set!

I LOVE the wraparound and short Maestro combo. And of course, the P-90's are off the charts, I am sure.

Dave P

Maybe they should have trademarked the body shapes long before 50+ years had passed.