• Guys, we've spent considerable money converting the Les Paul Forum to this new XenForo platform, and we have ongoing monthly operating expenses. THE "DONATIONS" TAB IS NOW WORKING, AND WE WOULD APPRECIATE ANY DONATIONS YOU CAN MAKE TO KEEP THE LES PAUL FORUM GOING! Thank you!

Id Gibson Les Paul Custom

Tom Wittrock

Les Paul Forum Co-Owner
First two pots are Stackpole brand made in 1966 and are 1 meg value [should be 500K]. Third one is a Centrallab, also from 1966. Fourth one I can't identify, but the needed markings should be on the side of the housing.
The pickups are modern Gibsons from the last 20-30 years.

LeonC

I think what we've learned from these photos is that the electronics are all replacements, as are the knobs (and who knows what else). None of that appears to be original. As for the guitar itself...it seems like it might be a mid-70s Gibson Les Paul; probably a 74 based on the serial number (according to Gruhn's guide book, FWIW). I'm not sure why anyone would want to build a replica of a mid-70s Les Paul Custom, unless some of the Japanese builders were doing that...anyone know? I thought they pretty much built bolt-on cheapies or went more for the 50s style Les Pauls...but I am no expert on Japanese builders...

But based on how the serial number is "engraved" with the ellipse around it, there seems to be a fair chance the body is "straight" (other than the repair you mentioned).

Big Al

I think what we've learned from these photos is that the electronics are all replacements, as are the knobs (and who knows what else). None of that appears to be original. As for the guitar itself...it seems like it might be a mid-70s Gibson Les Paul; probably a 74 based on the serial number (according to Gruhn's guide book, FWIW). I'm not sure why anyone would want to build a replica of a mid-70s Les Paul Custom, unless some of the Japanese builders were doing that...anyone know? I thought they pretty much built bolt-on cheapies or went more for the 50s style Les Pauls...but I am no expert on Japanese builders...

But based on how the serial number is "engraved" with the ellipse around it, there seems to be a fair chance the body is "straight" (other than the repair you mentioned).

ABSOLUTELY!!!
This in a nutshell. BTY I have seen three piece top, sandwich body, wide cutaway bound, set neck 70's Deluxe MIJ copies.

rafalynch

Thank you for your response, although I don't understand very well, do you mean it is a Japanese copy?